Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Summer Day 1 & 2

Day 1

Since I have now transfered my blog to blogspot, I should really put up some posts. Currently I am in Hong Kong, which is where I am from, on holiday with my boyfriend Jamie.

On Monday the 21st of June we set off from 258 Coronation road at 7am to catch the coach into Heathrow. After quite a bit of fuss with Quantas insisting us check-in at the electronic monitors (which didn't even work), we found our gate and got to relax.


Our flight had some great service, I really felt a bit pampered. Snacks here and there, with marshmallow hot chocolate before bed.



It was quite alright for the first 6 hours... then came the time to sleep.
Which was unsuccessful to say the least.

After landing safely and being met by my family, we all jumped into a taxi to head home at 7am 22nd June. The road from the airport to my house requires a drive over a mountain pass, plus a lot of windy roads through all the different villages on Lantau island.


Upon arriving we quickly dropped of luggage at my house and went out on a walk to my brothers house in the mountains.





This is the view from the field behind my house, up the "back way".


We found that the "back way" was rather deserted and that no one had been up there in ages  (or possibly 1 day, since these guys are quick at setting up). These are banana spiders which are poisonous, though not deadly. They are just huge and freaky. I'm not scared of them in any realistic way, I'm just afraid that they'll drop down on me and bite my jugular.

Day 2

After a lovely dinner for my Father's birthday the night before, we had an early night to bed. The next day was quite a relaxing day, went for breakfast in a more traditional Hong Kong diner-type. After food shopping we had a lovely chinese lunch overlooking the beach, which we went to afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment