Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Summer Day 11, 12 & 13

Day 11
Big Buddha 

Jamie and I went up to see the Big Buddha up on Lantau Island, we took an hour long winding bus ride there. It was an extremely misty day, with clouds low down on the mountains.



These engraved tree trunks line the "path of wisdom" near the buddha.

It started getting sunny and clear later in the afternoon.
An amazing view from the buddha. 


Day 12
The Peak


This saturday my parents, Jamie and I took the peak tram up to Victoria peak on Hong Kong island. Since it really is one of those places in Hong Kong you cannot afford to miss. The Peak Tram was opened for public service on 28 May 1888.
The view up at the top is amazing.

Walking around Causeway bay after the leisurely walk down Old Peak Road, we found that iron man is more popular that I'd have thought. 
I also finally managed to take a picture of the infamous bamboo scaffolding. 



Day 13
Sunday with Becky

Spent the day with becky in DB - flea market and art school confessional. How dangerous-  jolly shandy, 0.5%.


1 comment:

  1. The big buddha is colossal

    heres a link i found you might like while i was blogging:

    http://1outdooradvertising.blogspot.com/ (Look at the fizz drink video, its awesome.)

    ReplyDelete