Monday, 5 July 2010

Summer Day 5 & 6

Day 5

Today my father brought Jamie and I to the Hong Kong University Architecture MA degree exhibition show. It was quite an impressive show, we also saw the BA degree show which was in a separate room. I took photos of some the very impressive models and drawings.
(you can click to enlarge the photographs)







This cute little booklet had great use of the laser cutter.  
There were also little scenes scattered around one of the projects, like this one where it's two men examining a headless body.


Subtle.

After the degree show exhibition and some other galleries as well as lunch, Jamie and I went to Diamond hill to see the monastery and nunnery there. It is such a beautiful place, it was a shame that it was raining. However it did make it less hot. 


Later that night we (Jamie, Becky and I) went to Wan Chai for dinner as well as to watch Corey Tam's acoustic show. We unfortunately couldn't stay all night to watch the end of the show.




Day 6

On Sunday My family brought Jamie to Chueng Sha, which is "Long Beach" in Chinese. It is the longest beach in Hong Kong, on Lantao island, down the road from us. A very good Mediterranean restaurant there, one the way home the roaming band of buffalo passed us.
We went home and played Mah Jong. Since its a rare occasion when my brother is also home with all of us, we try to make the most of it and do a family activity. We taught Jamie how to play and he picked it up really quick, although I had to write down the chinese numbers down for him so he could read them, as they matter within the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment